Every Spring, the club selects High School seniors residing in Garden City who have demonstrated a genuine commitment to helping others, particularly children. The selection process is a competitive one and includes a written application with interviews conducted for semi-finalists. Historically, the awards have been among the largest offered in the community.
- The Scholarship is available to any high school senior residing in the Garden City School District. Criteria include commitment to community service, academic achievement and financial need. ** PLEASE NOTE: students who are relatives of current Garden City Kiwanis members are not eligible for this scholarship.
- The deadline to submit an application is April 16, 2019. Candidates will be contacted with two or more time choices to accommodate school and activity schedules for their interviews.
- The award will be in the form of a check presented to the recipient at a regular dinner meeting of the Kiwanis Club of Garden City. The Club generally meets on the second and fourth Wednesdays of each month at Seventh Street Café . The recipient and one or both parents are expected to attend the meeting and will be the Club’s guests for dinner.
- All candidates will be notified of the Committee’s decision by mail.
- It is expected that two scholarships of $2,000 each will be awarded; the Committee reserves the right to change the number and size of the awards in its sole discretion.