Every Spring, the club selects High School seniors residing in Garden City who have demonstrated a genuine commitment to helping others, particularly children. The selection process is a competitive one and includes a written application with interviews conducted for semi-finalists. Historically, the awards have been among the largest offered in the community.
- The Scholarship is available to any high school senior residing in the Garden City School District. Criteria include commitment to community service, academic achievement and financial need. ** PLEASE NOTE: students who are relatives of current Garden City Kiwanis members are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Finalists will be interviewed during the week of April 29, 2019. Candidates will be contacted with two or more time choices to accommodate school and activity schedules.
- The award will be in the form of a check presented to the recipient at a regular dinner meeting of the Kiwanis Club of Garden City. The Club generally meets on the first and third Wednesdays of each month at the Garden City Hotel. The recipient and one or both parents are expected to attend the meeting and will be the Club’s guests for dinner.
- All candidates will be notified of the Committee’s decision by mail.
- It is expected that two scholarships of $2,000 each will be awarded; the Committee reserves the right to change the number and size of the awards in its sole discretion.